Tuesday, December 30, 2008

YOU DON'T NEED TO TAKE A KID AS AN EXCUSE TO SEE THIS ONE


BEDTIME STORIES (B)

I just viewed the new release from Disney, Bedtime Stories. This will be one of my first film reviews not to start off with a reference to a gorgeous on screen female. Even though this film is not short of them either. I went to this screening on a date with a lovely woman.....my mother. Happy I did, because this film was even better than I had anticipated, and better than the last Sandler movie I saw. (Zohan....and oh my GOD was it terrible!) But Adam Sandler and Disney?? Anyone remember Billy Madison? Oh my God, Old Man Clemens hates shit. Sandler almost plays that character at times, but obviously in a "G" rated sense. How could Adam Sandler be in a kids movie and not talk like one?

Mr. Sandler tells bed time stories to his niece and nephew while he babysits them for a week. With the wonder of Disney our lead character begins to experience a degree of his bedtime story in his daily life. As Sandler's day unfolds you are actually curious to find out how the previous nights bedtime tale will unfold in real life. This movie has the recipe for success. Good story, funny lead character, two believable and adorable children, a happy ending, and... the magic of Disney! I laughed during this movie almost as much as an adult comedy. It was fun to watch the entire length of the film despite the fact it was made for the wee ones. If you have young people to take to a movie, see this one. Or maybe you are just a big kid, then see it anyway.

Share Your Thoughts Through Your Facebook Account