Sunday, January 11, 2009

HUGE WIN...



I recently took first place in the type of tournament I had been trying to win for months now. $5 buy in tournament with over 100 people, in this particular tournament 151 registered. That's how I try to make some big money. (still relatively small money compared to my ultimate goal) Small investment with lots of people, and out play them all to get paid. The hand above was the turning point for my tournament. Top 27 people in the tournament get paid and there was only 20 of us left. I got a small amount of good hands to play at this point, and I was short stacked to show it. I had been playing tight and folding, waiting to get a hand to play back at somebody. This was that hand. I have about 15k in chips, my competitor about 50k.

I raise pre-flop, he re-raises. I go all in, he calls.
My pocket KINGS vs. his pocket TENS. Before a community card is dealt I am a 4 to 1 favorite.
Flopping trip kings turns out bad for me as the flop brings high community cards. He has a straight draw to beat me, also runner-runner TENS. Now I am only a 3 to 1 favorite to win the hand.
Turn card is the NINE, and gives my opponent the straight. Now I am a 3 to 1 underdog to win, and need the board to pair.
BOOM! River card pairs that QUEEN giving me KINGS FULL.

That put me over 30k which took me to the final table. From there I let the big stacks attack everyone while I waited. Then I went to work, got lots more chips...and just finished it all. Heads up took 5 min. That Full House was the hand that made a strong finish possible. One lucky card deserves another....

Share Your Thoughts Through Your Facebook Account