Monday, March 30, 2009

OCTOBER SKY QUOTE:


I love this film so much that I will tune into it no matter what, even just to see what part it is on. Well I tuned in for a bit right now, and ended up watching the whole thing. The story is fantastic, and based on true events of the "Rocket Boys." The acting is wonderful, and the soundtrack is legendary. The music is what makes this film as good as it is. This is an example of a perfect film.

Chris Cooper and Jake Gyllenhaal have a polemical (controversial) father-son relationship that is a very strong emotional theme in the film. One of my favorite all time movie quotes comes in the end of October Sky as Homer returns from the science fair a victor, and has a talk with his dad.


-----------------------------------------------------------------

John (father): Heard ya met your big hero, didn't even know it.

Homer: Look... I know you and me don't exactly see eye to eye on certain things.
I mean, we don't see eye to eye on just about anything.
But I come to believe that I got it in me to be somebody in this world.
And it's not because I am so different from you either.
It's cause I'm the same. I can be just as hardheaded and just as tough.
I only hope I can be just as good a man as you are.
I mean, sure, Dr. Von Braun's a great scientist...but he isn't my hero.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The ending scene in this film is so amazing especially with the fantastic soundtrack that it makes my eyes tear up every time...not gonna lie. If you have not seen this film, please comment below and I will make it my personal mission that you see it now.

Share Your Thoughts Through Your Facebook Account