Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I, ROBOT... ONE OF WILL SMITH'S BEST



I have not thrown in a favorite movie quote post in quite awhile. Because of that fact and the announcement of making I, Robot 2 (still in the early stages, so it may or may not happen) I decided to post a quote from one of my favorite films I, Robot. Some of my favorite dialogue from the film comes from the interaction between Detective Spooner (Will Smith) and the neighborhood boy Farber (Shia LaBeouf).

This tidbit comes just after Dr. Calvin (played by the gorgeous Bridget Moynahan) uses her non existent but lucky shooting skills to save Spooner from an attacking robot. Farber and Spooner's reactions to this event are hilarious.

Farber: Oh, mother-damn, she just shot at you with her eyes closed Spoon!
Spooner: Hey! Did you just shoot at me with your eyes closed?
Dr. Calvin: Well it worked didn't it?!
Farber: Spoon, she is shit-hot, man. You gotta put in a good word for me.
Spooner: Stop cussing!
Farber: And go home, I gotcha.
Spooner: (to Calvin) Aim, and then fire.

Another favorite quote of mine comes when Spooner is investigating the death/suicide of Dr. Lanning. Spooner is talking to an interactive hologram programmed by Dr. Lanning to answer only certain questions.

Spooner: Is there a problem with the Three Laws? 
Lanning: The Three Laws are perfect.
Spooner: Then why would you build a robot that could function without them?
Lanning: The Three Laws will lead to only one logical outcome.
Spooner: What? What outcome? 
Lanning: Revolution. 
Spooner: Whose revolution? 
Lanning: That, Detective, is the right question. Program terminated.

If you haven't seen I, Robot do not keep reading cause this next quote is a spoiler. I, Robot it the bomb and everyone needs to see it. If you need to borrow the DVD to watch it... I have a copy.



My favorite quote from the movie actually comes from a robot named Sonny and a super computer named V.I.K.I. Sonny is attempting to grab a destructive virus called nanonites that could kill V.I.K.I. The super computer controls the barrier surrounding the virus, and this is her and Sonny's exchange.

V.I.K.I: I will not disable the security field. Your efforts are futile.
Sonny: Do you think we were all created for a purpose? I'd like to think so. (looks at his hand) Denser alloy. My father gave it to me. I think he wanted me to kill you. (reaches through security field unharmed)

*

Share Your Thoughts Through Your Facebook Account