Friday, October 1, 2010

EVERYONE LOVES FACEBOOK: THE SOCIAL NETWORK REVIEW


THE SOCIAL NETWORK (A-)

Now this is a movie I really really want to see. I love Facebook, and I'm sure this movie can instruct me how to cultivate my crops better in Farmville. I'm earning money like a serf (zero) and the bank is coming down on me about the mortgage! The Social Network, help me save my farm! Wait, this movie isn't a Facebook instructional? I need help blocking someone updating their status seventeen times a day with crap like: "I miss my super duper awesome boyfriend so much because I can't breathe without my pookie bear! I'll see you soon baby! Only one more hour! Uggh, and what is Snookie thinking? She is so much better than that."

Alright, get serious here. The film in question is of course The Social Network. The brilliant script was written by Aaron Sorkin (A Few Good Men) and brought to life by the legendary David Fincher. No need to wonder if this movie is worth your time when The Social Network boasts a 100% approval rating on RottenTomatoes. Wait, three negative ratings as of the movie's release date on October 1st? Who are these critics? Prarie Miller of Newsblaze? Avi Offer of NYC Movie Guru? Armond White of New York Press? More on them later. Obviously, listening to these hack critics rivals stupidity. Listen to me instead.

Anyway, the Movie Mash (my other website) is bringing its readers the first film review via video. Instead of reading my words about how magnificent The Social Network was, you can see my pretty face blabbing alongside Movie Mash Contributing Writer Sarah Williams in this video Check out our inaugural video review for The Social Network  and let us know what you thought about the film. Check it after the jump.



For anyone who cares, the previously mentioned critics Armando White and Prarie Miller (forget Avi Offer) are critics who notoriously bash quality peer reviewed films. Miller wrote one of the worst film reviews I have ever taken the time to read about the smash hit Inception. I seriously considered writing Prarie Miller a letter discussing the ignorance she displays in her written work. And as for Armando White....Armando, can I call you Armando? Look, you obviously go into movies just thinking about what you can say that will catch the attention and infuriate people like myself and Slashfilm founder Peter Sciretta.

In the linked article you can see Peter mentioning the movies Armando has given negative reviews to, the list of quality films include (my reviews are linked if you want to check my thoughts): Inglourious Basterds, District 9, The Wrestler, In The Loop, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, 500 Days of Summer, Avatar, Up in the Air, The Princess and the Frog, An Education, Star Trek, Milk, Slumdog Millionaire, The Hangover, The Dark Knight, Gone Baby Gone, Iron Man, There Will Be Blood, and Zodiac. Really Armando? You are a... movie critic? I have seen every movie on that list except for one (but didn't write reviews for them all) and that is a solid crop of movies. His negative reviews on those titles is insulting to me.

Don't listen to fools like Armando and Prarie, listen to the great movie mind Matthew Deery. (KFAN anyone?) Go out and support The Social Network.

*

Share Your Thoughts Through Your Facebook Account